The Elder Firm, LLC - Nathan J. Forck, Attorney

Friday, October 5, 2012

(Forbes.com) Medicaid Expansion under the Affordable Care Act: What happens when states refuse to enlarge this coverage to its residents?






I get a lot of questions about how the ACA or "Obamacare" will effect Medicaid benefits for my elderly clients.  Theoretically, it should have no effect on them since the ACA primarily expands Medicaid to persons under the age of 65 and doesn't do anything to specifically reduce the amount of benefits currently available to seniors.  It is almost impossible to address this issue without addressing the politics, but I think this article from forbes.com does a pretty good job laying out the basics of the ACA's effect on Medicaid.


1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Home Veterans Care in New York NY

    ReplyDelete